Cosplay Fashion Show:
Everyone is welcome to enter the Fashion Show! Whether you made your cosplay or not, anyone and everyone can participate in the CONjuration Fashion Show. There will be prizes* for winners for both entry types, Craftsman (see below) and Costume.
To enter the Fashion Show all you have to do is:
- Sign up with this form before the con.
- Show up 30 minutes before the Fashion show starts on Saturday, November 18th (time/location will be announced in app or programming guide and the opening ceremonies Friday at 5pm).
- Come show off your cosplay on the stage during CONjuration!
There is NO pre-judging required for the Costume Fashion Show participants; however, if you are entering as a Craftsman (see below), then you will need to go to pre-judging.
Judging for the Fashion Show:
The winners of the Craftsman category will be announced. Then, our panel of judges will narrow down a final selection from the Costume Fashion Show. The finalists in the Costume category will be determined by audience applause (using a decibel meter), then any additional winners will be announced. So, flaunt that fandom, and strut your stuff!
Fashion Show Guidelines:
- Contestants must have a CONjuration badge.
- Participants 12 and under should be accompanied by an adult before and after walking the “catwalk”/stage.
- All costumes must be PG-13 in nature, with no overtly sexual or adult themes.
- Explosives, dangerous special effects, flash pots, projectiles, and inappropriate behavior before and during the Fashion Show is cause for automatic disqualification from the contest, and possible removal from convention grounds.
- All props must adhere to the CONjuration props/weapons policy, which states: All weapons must be non-working. No functioning projectile weapons – including water pistols, silly-string guns, and ping-pong pistols. Bladed weapons must be cased or sheathed at all times. Weapons and long staffs must be checked and tagged by security.
This contest is for people who have made their own cosplay and want to show off their skills. Pre-judging will be held earlier in the day on Saturday (see app or programming guide, or attend the opening ceremonies at CONjuration for specific times/location), and contestants will walk in the Fashion Show.
In order to participate in the Craftsmanship Contest, you must meet the following guidelines:
- Apply on this form before the con.
- Attend pre-judging and the Fashion Show on Saturday.
- Bring a photo reference for your cosplay to pre-judging.
- 50% or more of your cosplay must be handmade. No purchased costumes will be allowed. Models are allowed if the creator is present to receive the award.
- Contestants must adhere to Fashion Show Guidelines.
*Only one prize will be awarded per person.