Everyone is welcome to enter the Fashion Show! Whether you made your cosplay or not, anyone and everyone can participate in the CONjuration Fashion Show. There will be prizes for the top 3 winners for both entry types.
To enter the Fashion Show all you have to do is:
- Sign up with this form before the con.
- Show up an hour before the Fashion show starts
- Come show off your cosplay on the stage during CONjuration!
There is NO pre-judging required for the Fashion Show participants; however, if you are entering as a Craftsman (see below), then you will need to go to pre-judging.
Judging for the Fashion Show:
We will have a panel of judges narrow down the top 10 winners of the Fashion Show. Then, 6 finalists will be determined by audience applause (using a decibel meter) and 3 will win! So, flaunt that fandom, and strut your stuff!
Fashion Show Guidelines:
- Contestants must have a CONjuration badge.
- Participants 12 and under should be accompanied by an adult before and after walking the “catwalk”/stage.
- All costumes must be PG-13 in nature, with no overtly sexual or adult themes.
- Explosives, dangerous special effects, flash pots, projectiles, and inappropriate behavior before and during the Fashion Show is cause for automatic disqualification from the contest, and possible removal from convention grounds.
- All props must adhere to the CONjuration props/weapons policy, which states: All weapons must be non-working. No functioning projectile weapons – including water pistols, silly-string guns, and ping-pong pistols. Bladed weapons must be cased or sheathed at all times. Weapons and long staffs must be checked and tagged by security.
This contest is for people who have made their own cosplay and want to show off their skills. Pre-judging will be held earlier in the day on Saturday (see app or programming guide, or attend the opening ceremonies at CONjuration for specific times/location), and contestants will walk in the Fashion Show, under their own category.
In order to participate in the Craftsmanship Contest, you must meet the following guidelines:
- Apply on this form before the con.
- Attend pre-judging and the Fashion Show on Saturday.
- Bring a photo reference for your cosplay to pre-judging.
- 60% or more of your cosplay must be handmade. No purchased costumes will be allowed. Models are allowed if the creator is present to receive the award.
- Contestants must adhere to Fashion Show Guidelines.
Catwalk of Contestants on Saturday Time/Location TBD
*If you would like to participate in the Craftsman Contest, pre-judging location will be announced during opening ceremonies (and at the Information table) on Friday, November 15th.